Advocate, Educate and Inform.
ACA addresses some of the most complex legislative and regulatory issues that affect US citizens when living and working abroad and works to provide pragmatic solutions. ACA does this through advocacy, education, and research on behalf of the 9 million Americans living and working abroad(US State Department Chart of Statistics). With an over 40 year nonpartisan track record, ACA is ideally positioned to bring attention to the issues and drive real change.
Educate: Draw attention to issues caused by and the consequences of US policy and regulations.
Advocate: Provide pragmatic solutions to US policy and regulatory issues based on our experience and access to Congress and stakeholders in Washington, DC
Inform: Provide resources to the community to help them manage their lives while living and working overseas.
ACA, Inc. is a membership organization incorporated as a nonprofit organization under the laws of the State of Delaware. Its structure and operations fall within the rules applicable to an exempt social welfare organization (section 501(c)(4) of the Internal Revenue Code). Alongside it is American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation, organized as a publicly-supported charity under section 501(c)(3). There are no other organizations related to either ACA or ACAGF. Neither of these organizations has authorized any individual, entity or other person to represent it or operate in its name in any jurisdiction. Nor has either authorized any person to open on its behalf a representative office in any jurisdiction. Nor has either licensed any person to utilize the name American Citizens Abroad, Inc. or American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation. ACA and ACAGF claim all protections by US and international copyright laws and other applicable laws.
- ACA is nonpartisan and does not support any political group.
- ACA does not support or campaign for any candidates. It does not provide tax, legal or investment advice. It does not market the services of any person or group.
- ACA does not provide individual tax or investment advice and does not represent individuals before the IRS, Treasury or other government agencies.
- ACA does not advocate on behalf of, or represent, individuals on personal issues between the US Administration, US Congress, IRS, Treasury, Social Security or any agency of the US government.
- ACA does not provide professional recommendations however, we do provide a tax preparer directory with resources for tax specialists: http://www.acareturnpreparerdirectory.com