Help Us Achieve Tax Reform!
Congressman Holding has taken the first step with introduction of his legislation, Tax Fairness for Americans Abroad Act of 2018 (TFAA) – HR 7358. A summary outline prepared by ACA of the act can be found here. ACA’s work on development of its RBT approach and the development of revenue estimates for that approach provided important data and knowledge for the tax staffs working on HR-7358. ACA, as a non-partisan voice, will continue to be called upon for its knowledge and expertise on the subject.
What you can do today!
1. Join the ACA "Tax Fairness For Americans Abroad: An Idea Worth Fighting For” write in campaign to hold hearings on the wide-range of tax issues. This is the next step in the process. This is supported by Representative Holding and other Members of Congress.
2. Support ACA. ACA, with no political affiliation, and working only in the interest of the community, is ideally positioned to advocate for TFAA.
DONATE TODAY and JOIN TODAY
Here is how your contribution will help:
1. ACA will lobby for enactment of a residency-based taxation regime. It is registering as a lobbyist, following the House and Senate in order that there not be any question as to correctness of our efforts.
2. ACA will pound the pavement and walk the hallways of the Capital, meeting with Members, Members’ staffs and staffs of the committees, like Joint Committee on Taxation, House Ways & Means Committee, and Senate Finance Committee. It will also lobby the Treasury Department, including the Office of the Tax Legislative Counsel.
3. ACA will hold meetings with and activate other key “players” to educate and build support. Ex: American Chambers of Commerce, US international small and large businesses, Americans for Tax Reform, and others.
4. ACA will continue production of its Webcasts with Representative Holding’s Tax Counsel, Matt Stross, providing detailed updates and next steps for legislation.
Donations to ACA for lobbying are not tax deductible and donations must be made here for lobbying efforts.
Donations to American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation ("ACAGF") are tax-deductible but will not be used for lobbying. They will be used for efforts to support additional research and analysis leading to improved database and detailed revenue estimates. (See ACAGF website for details on this.)
If you want to send a check for your donation, please make the donation payable to:
-American Citizens Abroad, Inc. for lobbying efforts and
-American Citizens Abroad Global Foundation for tax-deductible donations.
11140 Rockville Pike, Suite 100-162
Rockville, MD 20852