ACA Town Hall Evening Basel Tuesday, 26 September 2017
On September 26th, ACA hosted a Town Hall Evening in Basel, Switzerland at the historic Zunftsall. Topics covered included IRS tax code developments in the new administration, financial and retirement challenges for US citizens abroad and last will and testament issues for US persons in Switzerland.
The evening was kicked off with a cocktail hour hosted by sponsor Margaret Conklin where attendees to could mingle and meet the presenters.
Presentations opened with ACA’s Executive Director Marylouise Serrato giving an update on its advocacy work for RBT in Washington, DC., updating attendees on ACA’s revenue estimating work with District Economics Group (DEG) and our door knocking up on the Hill with Congressional offices and the tax writing Committees.
Sponsors Anaford AG, Matthew Ledvina, CMS Switzerland, Tobias Somary, KLR, Francheska Pimentel and, White Lighthouse, Jonathan Lachowitz presented on current US tax filing requirements, estate planning and retirement planning. Jonathan Lachowitz, presenter and ACA Board member moderated a lively follow-up Q&A. The presentations and information was much appreciated by the 50+ crowd that attended. Presentation are available for members in the members-only section of the website.
TOWN HALL EVENING BASEL
IRS Tax Code Developments under the Trump Administration
Financial and Retirement Challenges for US Citizens Abroad
Last Will and Testament Issues for US Persons in Switzerland
On-line Registration is preferred:
- Please register in advance – No Charge for ACA Members who register in advance, US $30 per person online registration for non-members.
- Donation at the door is CHF 35 per person for anyone who has not registered
- For further information please contact: email@example.com
Limited non-reserved seating. Please register as soon as possible.
The ACA Global Foundation (“ACAGF”) is the sister organization of American Citizens Abroad, Inc. (“ACA”), which supports education and research on issues affecting Americans abroad.
Disclaimer: ACAGF and ACA are not responsible for any advice given at this event
- Update from Washington D.C. – ACA Executive Director Marylouise Serrato
- What’s new and expected for 2017 and beyond in the IRS Tax Code under the Trump Administration, and how do these changes impact US tax filers living abroad
- As an American in Switzerland, what can or should I do in terms of estate planning: last will, living will, power of attorney, prenup, etc.?
- Retirement concerns for Americans wishing to retire in Switzerland or in the US
- Financial planning and banking issues for Americans overseas
- What is ACA and how it helps Americans overseas
- Over an hour of Q & A time
Anaford Tax & Accounting Services SA: http://www.atas.tax/
Interactive Brokers: https://www.interactivebrokers.com/en/index.php?f=1338
Margaret Conklin: http://www.mconklincpa.com/
White Lighthouse Investment Management: http://www.white-lighthouse.com/
ZUNFTSAAL / SCHMIEDENHOF
4001 Basel , Altstadt Grossbasel