ACA correspondence and submissions to Congress and Key Legislative Offices
- ACA congratulates Congresswoman Titus and Congresswoman Salazar, Co-Chairs on the Americans Abroad Caucus, on their re-elections to Congress (November 16, 2022)
- ACA writes to USCIS concerning regulations restrictions for online filing of Form N-600K for U.S. citizens residing abroad. (October 14, 2022)
- ACA Responds to Senate Finance Committee Report entitled The Shell Bank Loophole (September 26, 2022)
- ACA puts more pressure on the US Treasury to provide relief for FATCA reporting (September 7, 2022)
- ACA keeps up pressure for US Treasury regulatory treatment of FATCA and pushes for hearings (August 11, 2022)
- ACA responds to 2022 Midyear Report to Congress by the National Taxpayer Advocate, Erin Collins, published June 22, 2022 (July 21, 2022)
- ACA writes to the leadership of the US House Committee on Rules to support the inclusion of Amendment 1157 (Same Country Exemption ruling) into the NDAA (July 13, 2022)
- ACA submits comments concerning the “Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322” (Form N-600K) (OMB Control Number 1615-0067) as announced by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services under Docket ID number USCIS-2007-0019 dated May 13, 2022. (June 7, 2022)
- ACA submits Statement for the Record for April 28, 2022 House Financial Services Committee Hearing entitled “Oversight of the Financial Crimes Enforcement Network (FinCEN)” featuring testimony by Acting Director of FinCEN Mr Himamauli Das (May 9, 2022)
- ACA submits Statement for the Record for April 21, 2022 House Committee on Oversight and Reform, Government Operation Subcommittee, Hearing entitled “IRS: Is it Ready?” with IRS Commissioner Rettig and National Taxpayer Advocate Erin Collins (May 4, 2022)
- ACA submits Statement for the Record for Senate Finance Committee Hearing on the IRS, The President's Fiscal Year 2023 Budget and the 2022 Filing Season with IRS Commissioner Rettig (April 21, 2022)
- ACA submits Statement for the Record for The Annual Testimony of the Secretary of the Treasury on the State of the International Financial System (April 19, 2022)
- ACA submits Statement for the Record for House Ways & Means Oversight Subcommittee March 17, 2022 Hearing with IRS Commissioner Rettig (March 31, 2022)
- ACA submits Statement for the Record for House Ways & Means Oversight Subcommittee February 8, 2022 Hearing with the National Taxpayer Advocate on Challenges Facing Taxpayers (February 22, 2022)
- ACA submits comments to Financial Crimes Enforcement Network requesting improvements to the Bank Secrecy Act (February 14, 2022)
- ACA submits comments to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service on Form N-600K, Application for Citizenship and Issuance of Certificate Under Section 322 (November 4, 2021)
- ACA writes to Social Security Adminstration bringing attention to the needs of Americans overseas for US citizens services through their Federal Benefits Units (FBUs) (October 29, 2021)
- ACA writes to Americans Abroad Caucus, House Committee on Ways & Means and Senate Committee on Finance encouraging them to investigate fairness of Child Tax Credit and the Net Investment Income Tax (October 6, 2021)
- ACA submits statement to Select Revenue Measures and Oversight Subcommittees Joint Hearing on “Minding the Tax Gap: Improving Tax Administration for the 21st Century” (June 24, 2021)
- ACA writes to the US Treasury asking for a de minimis ruling for GILTI and Transition Tax highlighting the importance of RBT as the ultimate corrective measure for overseas taxpayers (June 9, 2021)
- ACA submits comments on suggested updates to Federal Post Card Application (FPCA) (May 28, 2021)
- ACA writes follow-up letter to US State Department and Congress requesting clarification on the vaccination policy for Americans living and working overseas. (May 17, 2021)
- ACA submits comments to Senate Finance Committee on “Overhauling International Taxation” published by Senate Finance Committee Chair Senator Ron Wyden, Senator Sherrod Brown and Senator Mark Warner. (April 23, 2021)
- ACA writes to US State Department and Congress requesting information on vaccination services available to Americans living abroad as well as to urge the US State Department to provide clear guidance on the options available to Americans living overseas who may wish to be vaccinated in the United States. (April 12, 2021)
- ACA writes to House Committee on the Judiciary in support of proposed legislation "American Families United Act" HR-8708 (April 1, 2021)
- ACA submits testimony to Senate Finance Committee hearings “How US International Tax Policy Impacts American Workers, Jobs and Investment.” (March 25, 2021)
- ACA submits comments on recommendations for FBAR form FinCEN Form-114 (January 15, 2021)
- ACA submits comments to U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services' proposed rule changes concerning the Affidavit of Support (Form I-864) under DHS Docket No. USCIS-2019-0023 (October 20, 2020)
- ACA Urges US State Department to Prioritize Overseas Americans' Access to Essential US Citizen Services (October 19, 2020)
- ACA to Congress: American Overseas Issues need attention not only during a pandemic (September 25, 2020)
- ACA writes to Congress and Administration on the importance of postal service integrity for overseas voters (August 21, 2020)
- ACA communication on GILTI/Transition Tax delivered to representatives of the IRS Treasury, Congressional offices and members of the House Ways & Means Select Revenue Committee (August 6, 2020)
- ACA writes to Treasury and IRS and Reiterates the need for a De Minimis Ruling for Transition Tax and GILTI (July 10, 2020)
- ACA Responds to National Taxpayer Advocate’s 2021 Objectives Report to Congress (July 7, 2020)
- ACA writes to the IRS and the Treasury Department highlighting problems with the “Get My Payment” online tool and urging them to find a solution for Americans Overseas to quickly and easily apply for recovery rebates (April 24, 2020)
- American Citizens Abroad (ACA) Memorandum to Congress, Treasury and IRS: Payment of 2020 Recovery Rebates to Individuals Abroad (March 27, 2020)
- American Citizens Abroad (ACA) Message to Congress, Treasury and IRS: Americans Living and Working Overseas Must Be Included in COVID Legislative Relief Efforts (March 23, 2020)
- ACA writes letter to House Ways & Means RE: Tax Cuts and Jobs Act (TCJA) 2.0 Must Include Residency-Based Tax Reform for US Citizens Living and Working Overseas (November 1, 2018)
- ACA presented oral testimony at IRS public hearing on Treasury's proposed regulations relating to Section 965 (October 22, 2018)
- ACA submits comments to Treasury’s proposed regulations relating to section 965, as enacted by the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017 (October 8, 2018)
- ACA submits statement to Senate Finance Committee Hearings on New Tax Law (April 23, 2018)
- ACA writes letter to Treasury Department about Controlled Foreign Corporations (March 22, 2018)
- ACA submits statement urging Senate to include residency-based taxation (RBT) in Senate bill (November 13, 2017)
- ACA submits comments to House Ways & Means on “How Tax Reform Will Simplify Our Broken Tax Code and Help Individuals and Families.” (July 2017)
- ACA submits comments to Senate Finance Committee on reforming tax for overseas Americans (July 2017)
- ACA says no to private collection agencies being allowed to operate outside the US for tax collection (May 2017).
- ACA submits three proposals for FATCA reform to Congressman Meadows (May 2017).
- Co-signed open letter on tax reform sent to Congress and the Administration (May 2017).
- ACA writes to legislators on Border Wall Funding Act provision that has negative consequences for Americans living overseas (May 2017).
- ACA letter to IRS Commissioner Koskinen concerning private-sector debt collection (April 2017)
- ACA letter to the Treasury Department concerning final FATCA regulations (August 2016)
- Proposal for the fair US tax treatment of foreign pensions (May 2016)
- ACA testified on behalf of American citizens overseas at the recent National Taxpayer Advocate public forum (May 2016) Read more...
- Message to the Tax Writing Committee with a full reform proposal for Residence-based Taxation (April 2016) Background info...
- Explaining the "Same Country Exemption" (April 2016)
- ACA submitted its RBT proposal to The Senate Finance Committee, House Ways & Means Committee, Joint Committee on Taxation and the Finance Committee Bi-partisan Working Groups Report. The ACA proposal has been cited in several of these government office official reports to Congress and the Administration (April 2016).
- ACA letter on FATCA to Mr. Stack--Treasury (Oct. 2013)
- "The Section 911 Mirage" or "Why the Foreign Earned Income Exclusion and the Foreign Housing Exclusion should not be viewed as tax expenditures." (2013)
- Rubuttal to GAO study of “Foreign Earned Income Exclusion"
- ACA Proposes Comprehensive Compliance Program
- New Streamlined Procedures