Access to US Government Services Abroad

Many US Government agencies and services are not set up to be used by US citizens living overseas. Notably the IRS and the Social Security Administration lack some online services that are available to US citizens living in the United States.  Services like applying for government funded student loans and government subsidies often do not take into consideration applicants from outside of the United States in the processes and forms needed for applying. US citizens overseas are often unaware of certain requirements of the laws such as the one requiring male US citizens to register with the US Selective Service System within 30 days of their 18th birthday. There is little outreach to US citizens overseas from the US Government or the US State Department's US citizen services at US Embassies and Consulates and no proactive engagement by the US with its expatriate citizens. 
See Taxation, Social Security and Citizenship for more information on these topics, or these US Government sites: